For this special call, we welcome minisymposium proposals targeting scientific computing applications and methods in all areas related to the applied social sciences and humanities (research software engineering, behavioural, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts) and to life sciences.
Applied Social Sciences and Humanities
Are you a researcher using HPC in fields such as research software engineering and science,complex systems, economic modelling, econophysics, financial networks, risk management, urban planning, transportation analysis, artificial intelligence, image processing,text analysis, computational linguistics, numerical optimization or simulation-based statistical inference?
Or a researcher using HPC in fields such as biophysics, genomics, bioinformatics, systems biology, neuroscience, and computational biology?
Then, we look forward to receiving your minisymposium expression of interest by November 30, 2022!
Expressions of interest must be submitted through the PASC23 submission portal. The expression of interest comprises the following:
- Title of the minisymposium
- Scientific domain(s): A primary domain and (preferably) additional domains.
- Organizer details: Names and contact details of organizers (up to three).
- Abstract: Description of the minisymposium (up to 500 words), including suggestions for topics and speakers.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: A statement on how you will address issues of diversity and inclusivity in proposing speakers you intend to approach.
Please check the guidelines for minisymposia for further information.
The PASC23 Minisymposia and Posters Program Committee looks forward to receiving your contribution!