Are you a researcher using HPC in fields such as complex systems, economic modelling,econophysics, financial networks, risk management, urban planning,transportation analysis, artificial intelligence, image processing, text analysis,computational linguistics, numerical optimization or simulation-based statistical inference?
PASC22 is pleased to announce a special call for minisymposia targeting scientific computing applications and methods in the social sciences and humanities.
PASC22 brings together researchers from different disciplines to learn about each other’s scientific computing methods and tools, inspire new ideas and build new inter-disciplinary collaborations.
For this special call, we welcome minisymposium proposals in all areas related to the social sciences and humanities (behavioural, economic, legal, political and business sciences, philosophy, languages and the arts); proposals that address aspects emphasizing the challenge of PASC22 – “Computing and Data… for all Humankind” – and the affiliated topics “Computing for Planet Earth”, “Data Science and Inequality”, and “Epidemiology and Public Health” are particularly welcome.
The deadline for expressions of interest is 15 December 2021.
Expressions of interest must be submitted through the PASC22 submission portal. The expression of interest comprises the following:
- Title of the minisymposium
- Scientific domain(s): A primary domain and (preferably) additional domains.
- Organizer details: Names and contact details of organizers (up to three).
- Abstract: Description of the minisymposium (up to 500 words), including suggestions for topics and speakers.
- Diversity and Inclusivity: A statement on how you will address issues of diversity and inclusivity in proposing speakers you intend to approach
We look forward to receiving your submissions!