The PASC16 Conference is pleased to inform you that the online submissions portal is now open and ready to receive your contributions in the form of papers, minisymposia, contributed talks and/or posters.
The PASC16 Conference, co-sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), will be held from June 8 to 10, 2016 at the SwissTech Convention Center, located on the campus of EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland.
June 8-10, 2016
EPFL, SwissTech Convention Center
The PASC Conference is a platform for interdisciplinary research across the areas of computational science, high-performance computing, and various domain sciences. PASC16 builds on a successful history with 350 international attendees in 2015. This year PASC continues to expand its program and welcomes your participation in a substantially larger event.
The PASC16 Conference seeks to engage participants from academia, research labs and industry to address important issues in HPC and computational science. The PASC16 Conference is inviting researchers from diverse scientific backgrounds to promote interdisciplinary collaboration and exchange of expertise. The conference is an opportunity for researchers in branches of science that require computer modeling and high-performance simulations to discuss computational techniques and technologies.
The PASC16 Conference will offer five plenary sessions and one public lecture, as well as minisymposia, contributed talks and poster sessions in eight different scientific domains. It will also present for the first time a session dedicated to papers selected for publication in the ACM Digital Library. The program will provide time for discussions within PASC scientific disciplines (inter-PASC Networks discussions), and an exhibition space.
Researchers from academia and industry are encouraged to participate and present their research in the form of paper, minisymposia, contributed talks and/or poster presentations. PASC16 welcomes submissions in the following scientific fields:
- Climate and Weather
- Computer Science and Mathematics
- Emerging Domains (Special Topic for minisymposia, contributed talks and poster: HPC and Big Data)
- Life Sciences
- Solid Earth
Contributions should be submitted using the online submissions system.
Guidelines regarding the submission process and access to the online submissions system are available at: www.pasc16.org/submission
- Paper abstract: January 15, 2016
- Full paper: January 22, 2016
- Revised paper: March 11, 2016
- Minisymposia: January 12, 2016
- Contributed Talks: March 2, 2016
- Posters: April 3, 2016
- Jan Hesthaven (EPF Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Nicola Marzari (EPF Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Olaf Schenk (Università della Svizzera italiana, Switzerland)
- Laurent Villard (EPF Lausanne, Switzerland)
- Torsten Hoefler (ETH Zurich, Switzerland)
- David Keyes (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia)
Papers Editorial Board
- Climate and Weather: Michael Wehner (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory & Univ of California, USA)
- Computer Science and Mathematics: David Keyes (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia)
- Emerging Domains: Omar Ghattas (The University of Texas, USA)
- Engineering: George Biros (The University of Texas, USA)
- Life Sciences: Ioannis Xenarios (Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, Switzerland)
- Materials: Mark van Schilfgaarde (King’s College London, UK)
- Physics: George Lake (University of Zurich, Switzerland)
- Solid Earth: Jeroen Tromp (Princeton, USA)
Minisymposia, Contributed Talks and Posters Area Chairs
- Climate and Weather: Peter Bauer, European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts, UK
- Computer Science and Mathematics: Bastien Chopard, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Emerging Domains: Costas Bekas, IBM Research, Zurich, Switzerland
- Engineering: William Curtin, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Life Sciences: Felix Schürmann, EPF Lausanne, Switzerland
- Materials: Gian-Marco Rignanese, Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
- Physics: Lucio Mayer, University of Zurich, Switzerland
- Solid Earth: Johan Robertsson, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
Please refer to PASC16 website for further information about the conference.