PASC today announced a lineup of world-class keynote speakers for its third annual ACM PASC16 conference, which will be held from June 8 to 10, 2016 at the SwissTech Convention Center, located on the campus of the EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland. The event will feature keynotes from academic and industry leaders with a special emphasis on high-performance computing, and simulation and data sciences. Building on the successful format of the last two years’ conferences, PASC16 will offer an even broader and deeper selection of technical sessions, paper tracks, information stands, and presentations from industry and academia.
Confirmed plenary and public speakers include:
- Prof. Chris Johnson (Scientific Computing and Imaging, Institute, University of Utah, USA) who will give the PASC16 Public Lecture on the emerging topic of data science and visual analytics
- Dr. Dave Nichols (Schlumberger Limited, Houston, USA), a leading industrial expert on large scale computation in seismic exploration
- Prof. Chris J. Pickard (Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy, University of Cambridge, UK) on random explorations of material structure space
- Prof. Beth Wingate (Department of Mathematics, University of Exeter, UK) on time-parallel methods for climate modeling on heterogeneous computer architectures
- Prof. Paul Woodward (University of Minnesota, USA) on simulations of convection, turbulence, and combustion in stellar interiors on many-core computing devices
- Marc Snir (Argonne National Laboratory and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA) on programming models for Exascale
For more information on the speakers, please check out the invited talks section of the PASC16 web site at http://www.pasc16.org/program.