Are you looking for a suitable platform to give visibility to your research?
PASC22 offers the possibility to publish in publicly-accessible proceedings, to present your research to the conference audience, and further develop your paper for publication in a relevant domain-specific journal.
The PASC22 Conference welcomes the submission of original research related to scientific computing in various domains: Chemistry and Materials; Climate, Weather and Earth Sciences; Computer Science and Applied Mathematics; Engineering; Humanities and Social Sciences; Life Sciences; and Physics.
Papers that are selected for presentation at PASC22 will be published in the Proceedings of the PASC Conference, accessible via the ACM Digital Library.
Authors of papers will be given 20-30 minute presentation slots at the conference, grouped in topically-focused parallel sessions. A selection of the highest quality papers may be given the opportunity of a plenary presentation.
Following the conference, authors will have the opportunity to develop their papers, and, where appropriate, associated open-source software, for publication in a relevant, computationally-focused, domain-specific journal.
To facilitate post-conference journal publication, the PASC Conference has formed collaborative partnerships with a number of high-quality scientific journals, including Computer Physics Communications (CPC), the Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems (JAMES), and ACM Transactions on Mathematical Software (ACM TOMS).
The PASC22 Papers Program Committee is responsible for the paper evaluation process. The committee is chaired by Kate Evans (Oak Ridge National Laboratory) and Damian Rouson(Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Sourcery Institute) and is comprised of committee members who are specialists in their scientific fields. Papers will be evaluated on their significance, technical soundness, originality, and quality of communication.
We employ a rigorous academic peer-review process: most notably, we allow the possibility for provisional acceptance (revision and author rebuttal), and specialized reviewers are solicited for each submission (there is no pre-selected standing committee of reviewers). The paper selection process thus combines the strengths of conference and journal publication schemes to provide an effective, high-impact publication venue in large-scale computational science.
Contributions must be submitted through the PASC Conference online submission portal.
Submissions should include the following:
- Title: Maximum 20 words
- Scientific Domain: Select a primary and optionally secondary scientific domain(s)
- Author Details: Full names and contact details of author(s)
- Short Abstract: Maximum 200 words
- Paper: Maximum 10 pages including figures, tables, and appendices
Additional information is available on the conference website.
- 12 December 2021: Deadline for paper submissions (NO EXTENSIONS!)
- 08 February 2022: Review notifications
- 06 March 2022: Deadline for paper revisions
- 06 April 2022: Acceptance notifications
PAPERS PROGRAM COMMITTEE
PASC22 is grateful to its committee members for their support in shaping the conference program.
- Kate Evans (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US)
- Damian Rouson (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and Sourcery Institute, US)
- Stephan Irle (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US)
- Bryan Wong (University of California, Riverside, US)
- Willem Deconinck (ECMWF, UK)
- Oksana Guba (Sandia National Laboratories, US)
- Olga Pearce (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, US)
- Sameer Shende (University of Oregon, US)
- WenWen Li (Arizona State University, US)
- Yan Liu (Oak Ridge National Laboratory, US)
- Alvaro Coutinho (Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- Rosa Badia (Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Spain)
- Anotida Madzvamuse (University of Sussex, UK)
- Suzanne Lenhart (University of Tennessee, US)
- Axel Huebl (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US)
- Meifeng Lin (Brookhaven National Laboratory, US)
A list of the full committee is available here.
We look forward to receiving your paper submissions!